How can you prepare your pre-teen for grade 8? Make sure you still let them have that fun summer that they want but also aim to keep them on track, catch them up from pandemic learning loss, avoid summer learning loss and prepare them for grade eight? It’s a huge task, but it doesn’t have to be complicated.
Avoid summer learning loss and prepare your pre-teen for grade 8.
Let’s face it; many kids are struggling to catch up after enduring two years of pandemic learning. Researchers and educators are all stating their concerns for kids that have perhaps slipped through the cracks due to pandemic learning. A more significant problem is the added impact of summer learning loss. Knowing that over the summer, many children will lose 2.6 months of math skills, two months of reading skills and one month of overall learning.
Click here to learn more about Summer Learning Loss.
Knowing those statistics, it can be hard not to stress about your pre-teen’s education. But, the most important thing you can do is avoid worrying about your pre-teen’s learning during the summer months. Of course, you want your child to learn, stay on track and have all the opportunities in life that they deserve. But constantly worrying about that won’t help you or your pre-teen.
So what can you do to help your pre-teen catch up on all the learning they have lost? While also aiming to stay on track and not lose even more learning skills during the summer?
Simplify learning when you prepare your pre-teen for grade eight.
Try to avoid overthinking your pre-teen’s summer learning because we all know that overthinking adds more stress than necessary. You don’t need elaborate plans to prepare your child for grade eight. This will only lead to you, and your child feeling stressed and exhausted while dealing with that dreaded feeling of not getting enough done.
When preparing your pre-teen for grade eight, what is the best and easiest way to simplify summer learning? Use the Summer Schoolio: Get Ready for Grade 8 book! Summer Schoolio: Get Ready for Grade 8 was created to help your child stay on track with their essential learning. What’s better is that this program will save you time and money as you won’t be searching and spending money on a homeschooling curriculum to try to fit your summer learning needs.
What’s inside the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 workbook?
We want you and your pre-teen to have an enjoyable summer without the stress of trying to complete extra tasks. The Summer Schoolio books have been designed in a simple format, without the mountain of overwhelming tasks. This helps your pre-teen stay on track with their learning.
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 book combines the best homeschooling curriculum concepts to give you and your child a unique solution to help prepare your pre-teen for grade eight. We’ve combined the homeschooling writing curriculum, homeschooling language arts curriculum and homeschooling math curriculum to bring you and your child a workbook to help practice essential skills to stay on track.
Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 overview:
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 workbook is filled with learning materials that aren’t just educational; they’re fun too! This combination is an excellent resource to help prepare your pre-teen for grade 8. Created for six weeks of learning, your pre-teen will have the opportunity to learn and refresh different learning concepts each week.
Week one includes:
The Summer Schoolio week includes three days of simple learning that won’t be overwhelming or take too long to complete.
- Day one, Weekly Writing – Friendly Letters – and Math – Number Sense.
- Then day two has Weekly Writing and Math – Number Sense.
- On day three, your pre-teen will work on Weekly Writing – Scrapbooking – and Math – Number Sense.
Week two includes:
The second week of Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 is similar to week one, just switching up learning concepts.
- During week two, your pre-teen will have Weekly Writing – Writing Fiction – and Math – Number Sense on day one.
- On Day Two, they will have Weekly Writing and Number Sense.
- Then on day three, they will have Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Number Sense.
Week three includes:
During the third week of the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 book, your pre-teen will be working on:
- Weekly Writing – Reviewing a Book – and Math – Algebra on day one.
- Then on day two, your child will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Algebra.
- Followed by day three, which is Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Algebra.
Week four includes:
- When your pre-teen is working on week four, day one, they will do Weekly Writing – Writing Non-Fiction – and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- Then on day two, they will be working on Weekly Writing and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- Finally, on day three, they will get to work on their scrapbook for Weekly Writing and the final day of Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
Week five includes:
- Day one of week five is Weekly Writing – Poetry – and Math – Data Management.
- Then on day two, they will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Data Management.
- Followed by day three, which is Scrapbooking for Weekly Writing and Data Management for Math.
Week six includes:
- The first day of week six focuses on Weekly Writing – Summarizing – and Math – Financial Literacy.
- The second day is all about Weekly Writing and Financial Literacy for Math.
- Then, your child can work on their scrapbook again for Weekly Writing and enjoy their final Financial Literacy assignment.
A daily repetitive learning cycle with refreshing concepts helps your pre-teen stay interested with a structured plan for summer learning. This technique will help your pre-teen master essential math, writing and reading concepts for grade eight.
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 workbook includes a sample schedule/calendar that looks like this:
Monday: Read a Book or Chapter.
Tuesday: Weekly Writing Day 1, Math Day 1, Read a Book or Chapter.
Wednesday: Weekly Writing Day 2, Math Day 2, Read a Book or Chapter.
Thursday: Weekly Writing Day 3, Math Day 3, Read a Book or Chapter.
Friday: Read a Book or Chapter.
Helping your pre-teen stay on track and up-to-date with their learning while avoiding summer learning loss and preparing for the next grade doesn’t need to be an overwhelming and stressful task. It also doesn’t need to take much daily time to succeed. The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 8 book helps your child keep up with their learning needs, refresh, and not become overwhelmed by too much information crammed into one day.