Do you feel like your child is prepared for grade three? During the summer, are you planning to help your child stay on track with their learning or have a free-for-all summer with no sign of curriculum? Do you want to ensure your child stays on track but not overwhelm them with too much ‘work’? Let us help you with all your questions on how to prepare your child for grade three.
Preparing your child for grade three while aiming to avoid summer learning loss.
The first thing you need to do when aiming to prepare your child for grade three while avoiding summer learning loss? Don’t stress so much! As parents, we often worry about ensuring our children are on track with their learning. That worry can become more and more of a concern when we think about pandemic learning loss.
How to avoid summer learning loss on top of pandemic learning loss is another concern facing parents, especially when they hear that most children lose 2.6 months of math skills, two months of reading skills and the equivalent of one month of overall learning each summer.
You can learn more about Summer Learning Loss here.
So, how can we help our children catch up on all the learning loss they’ve experienced, stay on track and not lose even more learning skills during the summer?
Reading, writing, math and learning, in general, are essential skills your child must continually practice to develop correctly, especially during the summer.
How to prepare your child for grade three? First, let’s simplify learning.
One thing you absolutely must avoid is overthinking their learning. We often assume that to prepare your child for grade three, you must have elaborate plans, and it has to be a huge, exhausting endeavour when the actual reality is that it can be a simple process.
One of the best ways to simplify their summer learning is to use the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3 book! This book was created specifically to help children about to move onto grade three. Using the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3 book
, your child will stay refreshed and on track with their essential learning. This will also save you hundreds of dollars and time because you won’t be searching for a homeschool curriculum that will still be too much or too little when aiming to prepare your child for grade three.
Take a look inside the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3 workbook!
Having an enjoyable summer without the stress of trying to complete extra tasks is essential! This is why our Summer Schoolio books have been designed to be simple. Without the overwhelm of having to complete a mountain of overwhelming tasks.
In the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3 book
, we have combined the best of our secular homeschooling curriculum concepts to bring you and your child a unique summer learning solution that will prepare your child for grade three. In a fantastic combination of homeschooling writing curriculum, homeschooling language arts curriculum and homeschooling math curriculum, we aim to help your child practice those essential skills to stay on track.
Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3 overview:
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3
workbook is loaded with materials that aren’t just educational; they’re fun too! This combination is an excellent resource to help prepare your child for grade three. Created for six weeks of learning, your child will have the opportunity to learn and refresh different learning concepts each week.
Week one includes:
The Summer Schoolio week includes three days of simple learning that won’t be overwhelming or take too long to complete.
- Day one, Weekly Writing – Writing Fiction – and Math – Number Sense.
- Day two has Weekly Writing and Math – Number Sense.
- On day three, your child will work on Weekly Writing – Scrapbooking – and Math – Number Sense.
Week two includes:
The second week of Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3
is similar to week one, just switching up learning concepts.
- During week two, on day one, your child will have Weekly Writing – Autobiography – and Math – Number Sense.
- On Day Two, they will have Weekly Writing and Number Sense.
- On day three, they will have Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Number Sense.
Week three includes:
During the third week of the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3
book, your child will be working on:
- Day one, Weekly Writing – Reviewing a Book – and Math – Algebra.
- Then on day two, your child will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Algebra.
- Followed by day three, which is Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Algebra.
Week four includes:
When your child is working on week four:
- Day one, Weekly Writing – Writing Non-Fiction – and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- Then on day two, they will be working on Weekly Writing and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- On day three, they will get to work on their scrapbook for Weekly Writing and the final day of Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
Week five includes:
- Day one of week five is Weekly Writing – Poetry – and Math – Data.
- Then on day two, they will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Data.
- Day three is Scrapbooking for Weekly Writing and Data for Math.
Week six includes:
- The first day of week six focuses on Weekly Writing – Summarizing – and Math – Financial Literacy.
- The second day is all about Weekly Writing and Financial Literacy for Math.
- Then on day three, your child can work on their scrapbook again for Weekly Writing and enjoy their final Financial Literacy assignment.
The schedule and assignments are repetitive but changing to help your child stay structured and interested. This technique helps your child master all the essential math and reading/writing concepts for grade three.
What does a typical week look like using the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3 program?
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3
book includes a sample schedule/calendar you can follow daily. It translates to:
Read a Book or Chapter.
Weekly Writing Day 1, Math Day 1, Read a Book or Chapter.
Weekly writing Day 2, Math Day 2, Read a Book or Chapter.
Weekly Writing Day 3, Math Day 3, Read a Book or Chapter.
Read a Book or Chapter.
Keeping your child on track and up-to-date with their learning doesn’t need to be an overwhelming and stressful process. And you don’t need to take a massive chunk of time each time to accomplish it. The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 3
book helps your child keep up with their learning needs, refresh and not become overwhelmed by too much information crammed into one day.
Prepare your child for grade three.