Are you wondering the best way to prepare your child for grade six? Doing so without causing them tremendous stress and frustration from doing too much work on fun summer days? What’s the easiest way to prevent summer learning loss, prepare your child for grade six and let them have a fun summer?
Avoid summer learning loss while you prepare your child for grade six.
The most important thing you can do is avoid getting stressed about your child’s learning during the summer months. As parents, we want our children to learn, stay on track and have all the opportunities in life that they deserve. But that constant worry can become distracting and consuming.
It can be tough to avoid worrying about their education when we think of all the learning they’ve lost due to pandemic learning. Heading into summer, we can become overwhelmed by the thought of summer learning loss on top of pandemic learning loss. Especially when we see statistics about summer learning loss, like that 2.6 months of math skills, two months of reading skills and one month of overall learning are lost due to summer learning loss.
So what can you do to help your child catch up on all the learning they have lost? While also aiming to stay on track and not lose even more learning skills during the summer?
General learning skills like math, reading and writing are essential for your child to practice to develop correctly continually; this is especially true during the summer.
Prepare your child for grade six by simplifying learning.
Try to avoid overthinking your child’s summer learning because we all know that overthinking adds more stress than necessary. You don’t need elaborate plans to prepare your child for grade six. This will only lead to you, and your child feeling stressed and exhausted while dealing with that dreaded feeling of not getting enough done.
When preparing your child for grade six, is the best and easiest way to simplify summer learning? Use the Summer Schoolio: Get Ready for Grade 6 book! Summer Schoolio: Get Ready for Grade 6 was created to help your child stay on track with their essential learning. What’s better is that this program will save you time and money as you won’t be searching and spending money on a homeschooling curriculum to try to fit your summer learning needs.
What’s inside the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 workbook?
We want you to have an enjoyable summer without the stress of trying to complete extra tasks. The Summer Schoolio books have been designed in a simple format, without the mountain of overwhelming tasks. This helps your child stay on track with their learning.
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 book combines the best homeschooling curriculum concepts to bring you and your child a unique solution to help you prepare your child for grade six. We’ve combined the homeschooling writing curriculum, homeschooling language arts curriculum and homeschooling math curriculum to bring you and your child a workbook to help practice essential skills to stay on track.
Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 overview:
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 workbook is filled with learning materials that aren’t just educational; they’re fun too! This combination is an excellent resource to help prepare your child for grade six. Created for six weeks of learning, your child will have the opportunity to learn and refresh different learning concepts each week.
Week one includes:
The Summer Schoolio week includes three days of simple learning that won’t be overwhelming or take too long to complete.
- Day one, Weekly Writing – Writing Fiction – and Math – Number Sense.
- Then day two has Weekly Writing and Math – Number Sense.
- On day three, your child will work on Weekly Writing – Scrapbooking – and Math – Number Sense.
Week two includes:
The second week of Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 is similar to week one, just switching up learning concepts.
- On day one, week two, your child will have Weekly Writing – Writing Letters – and Math – Number Sense.
- On Day Two, they will have Weekly Writing and Number Sense.
- Then on day three, they will have Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Number Sense.
Week three includes:
During the third week of the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 book, your child will be working on:
- Day one, Weekly Writing – Writing Poetry – and Math – Algebra.
- Then on day two, your child will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Algebra.
- Followed by day three, which is Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Algebra.
Week four includes:
- When your child is working on week four, day one, they will do Weekly Writing – Descriptive Writing – and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- Then on day two, they will be working on Weekly Writing and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- Finally, on day three, they will get to work on their scrapbook for Weekly Writing and the final day of Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
Week five includes:
- Day one of week five is Weekly Writing – Writing a Book Report – and Math – Data Management.
- Then on day two, they will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Data Management.
- Followed by day three, which is Scrapbooking for Weekly Writing and Data Management for Math.
Week six includes:
- The first day of week six focuses on Weekly Writing – Writing Non-Fiction – and Math – Financial Literacy.
- The second day is all about Weekly Writing and Financial Literacy for Math.
- Then, your child can work on their scrapbook again for Weekly Writing and enjoy their final Financial Literacy assignment.
A daily repetitive learning cycle with refreshing learning concepts helps your child stay interested with a structured plan for summer learning. This technique will help your child master essential math, writing and reading concepts for grade six.
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 workbook includes a sample schedule/calendar that looks like this:
Monday: Read a Book or Chapter.
Tuesday: Weekly Writing Day 1, Math Day 1, Read a Book or Chapter.
Wednesday: Weekly Writing Day 2, Math Day 2, Read a Book or Chapter.
Thursday: Weekly Writing Day 3, Math Day 3, Read a Book or Chapter.
Friday: Read a Book or Chapter.
Trying to help your child stay on track and up-to-date with their learning while avoiding summer learning loss and preparing for the next grade doesn’t need to be an overwhelming and stressful task. It also doesn’t need to take a massive chunk of daily time to succeed. The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 6 book helps your child keep up with their learning needs, refresh, and not become overwhelmed by too much information crammed into one day.