Are you worried about the transition from grade 8 to grade 9? Do you want to spend the summer helping your teen get ready for grade 9 but still want them to have fun? There’s a lot of stress facing parents when it comes to their teen entering high school and even more so with the pandemic learning loss that they’ve likely experienced. So how can you help your teen get ready for grade 9 while avoiding summer learning loss and trying to catch up on pandemic learning loss?
Help your teen get ready for grade 9.
The unfortunate truth is that many children and teens struggle to catch up after enduring two years of pandemic learning. Researchers and educators share their concerns for kids who have slipped through the crack due to pandemic learning. A more significant problem is the added impact of summer learning loss. Knowing that over the summer, many teens will lose 2.6 months of math skills, two months of reading skills and one month of overall learning.
Knowing these statistics, it can be hard not to stress your teen’s education. Regardless, you must avoid worrying about your teens learning during the summer months. Of course, you want your teen to learn, stay on track and have all the opportunities in life that they deserve. But constantly worrying about that won’t help you or your teen.
So what can you do to help your teen catch up on all the learning they have likely lost? While also aiming to stay on track and not lose even more learning skills during the summer?
Get ready for grade 9 by simplifying the process.
Try to avoid overthinking your teen’s summer learning because we all know that overthinking adds more stress than necessary. You don’t need elaborate plans to prepare your teen for grade nine. This will only lead to you and your teen feeling stressed and exhausted while dealing with that dreaded feeling of not getting enough done.
When preparing your teen for grade nine, what is the best and easiest way to simplify summer learning? Use the Summer Schoolio: Get Ready for Grade 9 book! Summer Schoolio: Get Ready for Grade 9 was created to help your teen stay on track with their essential learning. What’s better is that this program will save you time and money as you won’t be searching and spending money on a homeschooling curriculum to try to fit your summer learning needs.
What’s inside the Summer Schooling: Ready for Grade 9 workbook?
We want you and your teen to have an enjoyable summer without the stress of trying to complete extra tasks. The Summer Schoolio books have been designed in a simple format, without the mountain of overwhelming tasks. This helps your teen stay on track with their learning.
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 9 book combines the best homeschooling curriculum concepts to give you and your teen a unique solution to help your teen get ready for grade 9. We’ve combined the homeschooling writing curriculum, homeschooling language arts curriculum and homeschooling math curriculum to bring you and your teen a workbook to help practice essential skills to stay on track.
Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 9 overview:
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 9 workbook is filled with learning materials that aren’t just educational; they’re fun too! This combination is an excellent resource to help your teen get ready for grade 9. Created for six weeks of learning, your teen will have the opportunity to learn and refresh different learning concepts each week.
Week one includes:
The Summer Schoolio week includes three days of simple learning that won’t be overwhelming or take too long to complete.
- Day one, Weekly Writing – Paraphrase/Summarize – and Math – Number Sense.
- Then day two has Weekly Writing and Math – Number Sense.
- On day three, your teen will work on Weekly Writing – Scrapbooking – and Math – Number Sense.
Week two includes:
The second week of Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 9 is similar to week one, just switching up learning concepts.
- During week two, your teen will have Weekly Writing – Persuasive Writing – and Math – Number Sense on day one.
- On Day Two, they will have Weekly Writing and Number Sense.
- Then on day three, they will have Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Number Sense.
Week three includes:
During the third week of the Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 9 book, your teen will be working on:
- Weekly Writing-Expository/Argumentative – and Math – Algebra on day one.
- Then on day two, your child will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Algebra.
- Followed by day three, which is Weekly Writing – Scrapbook and Math – Algebra
Week four includes:
- When your teen is working on week four, day one, they will do Weekly Writing – Literary Devices/Poetry – and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- Then on day two, they will be working on Weekly Writing and Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
- Finally, on day three, they will get to work on their scrapbook for Weekly Writing and the final day of Math – Geometry/Spatial Sense.
Week five includes:
- Day one of week five is Weekly Writing – Formal Letter/Speech – and Math – Data Management.
- Then on day two, they will work on Weekly Writing and Math – Data Management.
- Followed by day three, which is Scrapbooking for Weekly Writing and Data Management for Math
Week six includes:
- The first day of week six focuses on Weekly Writing – Essay Development/Descriptive – and Math – Financial Literacy.
- The second day is all about Weekly Writing and Financial Literacy for Math.
- Then on the third day, your teen can work on their scrapbook again for Weekly Writing and enjoy their final Financial Literacy assignment.
A daily repetitive learning cycle with refreshing concepts helps your teen stay interested with a structured plan for summer learning. This technique will help your teen master essential math, writing and reading concepts for grade nine.
The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 9 workbook includes a sample schedule/calendar that looks like this
Monday: Read a Book or Chapter.
Tuesday: Weekly Writing Day 1, Math Day 1, Read a Book or Chapter.
Wednesday: Weekly Writing Day 2, Math Day 2, Read a Book or Chapter.
Thursday: Weekly Writing Day 3, Math Day 3, Read a Book or Chapter.
Friday: Read a Book or Chapter.
Helping your teen stay on track and up-to-date with their learning while avoiding summer learning loss and preparing for the next grade doesn’t need to be an overwhelming and stressful task. It also doesn’t need to take much daily time to succeed. The Summer Schoolio: Ready for Grade 9 book helps your child keep up with their learning needs, refresh, and not become overwhelmed by too much information crammed into one day.