Schoolio Social Studies: Historical American Figures (77 Pages)
This Schoolio unit is designed to be suitable for any student learner ready to begin at a grade 2, grade 3, or grade 4 working level.
Please note: This Schoolio curriculum is digital. To have your e-books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add-on before purchase.
This Schoolio Social Studies unit focuses on historical figures throughout the history of the United States and introduces student learners to many important and influential people. Your student learner will engage in thought-provoking and concrete learning activities, often including outdoor activities, research assignments, and media add-ons. The curriculum includes critical thinking and reflection skills. Student learners are engaged with full color pages and interesting and varied activities, improving their understanding of the world around them while developing research, reflection, and fine motor skills.
Our Schoolio curriculum caters to homeschoolers, classroom teachers, virtual learning support, and tutoring support.
In this 77-page unit, your child will study historical Americans from the following eras:
- Colonial Settlement, 1600s-1763
- The American Revolution, 1763-1783
- The New Nation, 1783-1815
- National Expansion & Reform, 1815-1880
- The Civil War & Reconstruction, 1861-1877
- The Industrial Revolution & The New Era, 1876-1929
- The Great Depression and World War II, 1929-1945
- The Civil Rights Movement, 1945-1968
- Contemporary America: Science and Technology
- Contemporary America: Politics and Social Justice
As is the case with all of our curriculum, this unit includes daily lessons, each with exercises or activities to solidify comprehension, plus answer keys.