Schoolio Social Studies: Global Communities (76 Pages)
This Schoolio unit is designed to be suitable for any student learner ready to begin at a grade 1, grade 2, or grade 3 working level.
Please note: This Schoolio curriculum is digital. To have your e-books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add-on before purchase.
This Schoolio Social Studies unit focuses on global communities and world geography. Your student learner will engage in thought-provoking and concrete learning activities, often including outdoor activities, research assignments, and media add-ons. Student learners study several unique countries and the people, homes, and cultural activities of each. The curriculum includes critical thinking and reflection skills. Student learners are engaged with full color pages and interesting and varied activities, improving their understanding of the world around them while developing research, reflection, and fine motor skills.
Our Schoolio curriculum caters to homeschoolers, classroom teachers, virtual learning support, and tutoring support.
In this 76-page unit, your child will study the following topics:
- Continents and Oceans
- Cardinal Directions
- The Equator, Hemispheres, and Poles
- Climates of North America
- Our Unique Country: New York to California
- Our Unique Country: Alaska and Hawaii
- Unique Countries: Brazil
- Unique Countries: Iceland
- Biomes Around the World
- Basic Human Needs
- How People Meet Their Needs: The Inuit
- Living Around the World: Homes
- Living Around the World: Materials
- Living Around the World: Sports and Recreation
- Food from Around the World
- Where We Live: United States
- Adapting to a Place
- Preserving the World’s Resources
As is the case with all of our units, this unit includes daily lessons, each with exercises or activities to solidify comprehension, plus answer keys.