Schoolio Mathematics: Number Sense Unit 1 (80 Pages)
This Schoolio unit is designed to be suitable for any student learner ready to begin at a grade 8 working level.
Please note: This Schoolio curriculum is digital. To have your e-books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add-on before purchase.
This Grade 8 Mathematics unit focuses on Number Sense and Numeracy. Your student learner will engage in tactile and concrete learning activities. The Schoolio curriculum includes both conceptual and procedural methods as well as logic and critical thinking skills. Student learners are engaged with full colour pages and interesting and varied activities, improving their mathematical skills and developing fine motor skills.
Our Schoolio curriculum caters to homeschoolers, classroom teachers, virtual learning support, and tutoring support.
In this 80-page unit, your student learner will study the following topics:
- Scientific Notation: Large Numbers
- Scientific Notation: Small Numbers
- Real Number System
- Square Roots
- Estimating Square Roots
- Converting Decimals, Fractions, and Percentages
- Real Life Problem Solving
- Order of Operations
- Perfect Squares
- Negative Squares
- Adding and Subtracting Integers
- Mixed and Improper Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions
- Multiplying Mixed Numbers with Area Model
- Multiplying Mixed Numbers with Conversion
- Dividing Fractions
- Dividing Mixed Numbers
- Dividing with the Same Denominator
- Multiplying Integers
- Dividing Integers
- Proportional Situations
- Writing Proportional Situations
- Solving Unknowns in Proportions
As is the case with all of our units, this unit includes daily lessons, each with exercises or activities to solidify comprehension, plus answer keys.