Schoolio Learning is looking for a Video Editor (Intern).
We are on a mission to modernize education delivery and create a space for students, parents and educators to co-create personalized learning. Our vision is to inspire every child to love learning. We are making education more accessible, fun, and personalized by creating the Schoolio OS – an ecosystem that brings teachers, parents, and children together.
Founded in 2019, Schoolio believes the current educational system is fundamentally flawed. The solution? Rebuild learning experiences from the ground up, with the child being the main focus, powered by innovation and creativity. We are headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with remote teams across the globe. Schoolio is proud to be among the 11 startups selected to participate in Google Cloud’s 2022 Accelerator cohort.
About the role
Do you want to make an impact on millions of families around the world? Are you passionate about creating exceptional video content? This role is for you! We are looking for creative talents to get started on their videography journey. As Schoolio’s Video Editor, you will be responsible for editing and assembling recorded raw material into a suitable, finished product ready for broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Regularly collaborate with the marketing team, take a brief to grasp the team’s needs and specifications
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects into the videos
- Follow the company’s brand guidelines
- Present to senior management
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
Our ideal Video Editor (intern) is someone who shares our passion for high-quality video content! The ideal candidate is self-motivated, curious, creative and willing to push boundaries to deliver exceptional content. This person knows modern video editing techniques and is keen to learn.
Our ideal video editor (intern) candidate would have the following:
- BA/BS or similar degree
- 1 year of experience as a video editor or similar role (can be a previous internship program)
- Some experience in using video and editing equipment
- Good time-management skills
- Knowledge in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics are preferred.
What does the role suggest to you?
- Well-paid internship for 3 months with the opportunity to turn to a Full-time position upon successful completion
- Valuable experience in the video industry, including participation in meetings with a highly professional team and an opportunity to perform assigned tasks in a real-world setting.
- Experience in working in the Canadian Market, understanding the needs and trends of it
- A chance to present it in your Resume as an outstanding experience
- This an excellent opportunity to expand your professional network.
- And in summary: a tremendous amount of knowledge that’s not taught in college.
Why work with us?
We are a small and rapidly growing company. There is a major opportunity to move up quickly and be recognized and rewarded for your hard work. We can offer you a pace of career acceleration that is rare in most workplaces. Our working environment is awesome. You’ll be working with brilliant people who believe in teams, not bosses, in collaboration, not compulsion, and most importantly, in a workplace where everyone is treated with respect.
We have a dog-friendly office in Toronto, surrounded by fabulous restaurants and easily accessible by transit. We also offer opportunities for remote work, flexible working hours, and professional development and travel. Ultimately, we want to work with smart, driven, and self-starters. People who thrive in an environment of creative freedom, ownership, and opportunity for advancement based on their achievements.
If you believe you are a good fit for us, please apply by sending your CV and portfolio (if applicable) to email@example.com.
At Schoolio, we pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants that meet the role requirements will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We strive to employ a diverse mix of talented people interested in working together to build a better future.