Join our unique after-school program
Schoolio Learning is an innovative education company. We remain dedicated to helping students achieve their very best education, through a straightforward, inclusive curriculum. We offer a complete learning program from Kindergarten to grade 8. With the four core subjects: Math, Language Arts, Science, and Social Studies. We started with a focus to support homeschooling parents and in 2022, we want to help students attending school full time, hybrid or virtual with our unique Schoolio After School tutoring program.
We are currently looking to add several, certified teachers to our team. To be a Schoolio tutor, you must have a passion for children and education – while also being professional, reliable, energetic, experienced and comfortable with virtual tutoring.
Successful candidates must:
- Have a bachelor’s degree (either complete or in progress).
- Candidates must have experience working with children.
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills in English. (French Bilingualism is welcomed).
- They must also be capable of competently tutoring students in at least one of the Four Core Subject areas at multiple grade levels.
- Have a suitable at-home set up for the meeting and tutoring virtually. This includes: A webcam, microphone, and private space to work uninterruptedly while with students.
- Provide a clean CPIC background check and vulnerable sector screening.
Preferred but not required skills of tutors needed:
- Comfortable in tutoring multiple subject areas at all grade levels. Up to and including grade 8 and grade 9 prep.
- Experience working with students who have various learning or behavioural challenges.
- Some experience in virtual teach
Schoolio Afer School requires weekday availability between 4:00pm and 8:00pm, and Saturday’s during the day. You will have the option to choose your availability and make your own schedule. But you will be expected to work a minimum of 3 hours per week. And to maintain a schedule as set up between the student and Schoolio Learning at the time of sign-up. You will be using Schoolio’s curriculum kits for your lessons. You are welcome to enhance the lessons, but the core lessons will follow Schoolio’s Canadian curriculum kits.
- Meeting with student online at regularly scheduled intervals to provide educational support in any needed subject area, doing so to help students understand key concepts.
- Supporting students with homework, assignments, and test prep when needed.
- Creating and preparing materials pertaining to the needs of the student.
- Familiarizing yourself with Schoolio Learning content at the student’s working grade level. To ensure continuity of educational standards and instructional techniques.
- Tracking the progress and success of students and reporting regularly to clients (parents) and the Schoolio Learning team.
- Tutors are responsible for tracking sessions and prep time and invoicing Schoolio Learning as per the contract.
Minimum of 3 hours per week, maximum to be determined.
Starting wage is $15-20/hour with commission incentives and performance bonuses