Schoolio Learning is looking for a Social Media Coordinator Editor (Intern).
We are on a mission to modernize education delivery and create a space for students, parents and educators to co-create personalized learning. Our vision is to inspire every child to love learning. We are making education more accessible, fun, and personalized by creating the Schoolio OS – an ecosystem that brings teachers, parents, and children together.
Founded in 2019, Schoolio believes the current educational system is fundamentally flawed. The solution? Rebuild learning experiences from the ground up, with the child being the main focus, powered by innovation and creativity. We are headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with remote teams across the globe. Schoolio is proud to be among the 11 startups selected to participate in Google Cloud’s 2022 Accelerator cohort.
About the role
Do you want to make an impact on millions of families around the world? Are you passionate about impactful social media marketing? The Social Media Coordinator Editor (Intern) role is for you! We are looking for social media geniuses to help us plan, implement and monitor our company’s Social Media strategy.
As Schoolio’s Social Media Coordinator, you will collaborate with other marketing and sales professionals to develop successful social media campaigns. You will communicate daily about content creation and oversee campaign schedules that determine success or failure by pulling key performance indicators.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in executing a results-driven social media strategy.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create a social media calendar.
- Monitor social media channels for industry trends.
- Assist in developing and managing social media marketing and influencer marketing strategy.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Assist in creating and editing written video and photo content.
- Attend events and produce live social media content.
- Interact with users and respond to social media messages, inquiries, and comments.
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics.
Our ideal Social Media Coordinator (intern) is someone who shares our passion for high-quality social media content! The ideal candidate is self-motivated, curious, creative and willing to push boundaries to deliver exceptional results. This person is tech-savvy and interested in various social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
Our ideal candidate would have the following:
- BA in Marketing or a similar relevant field.
- 1 or more years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role (can be a previous internship program)
- Good knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
- Some understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
- Understanding of social media KPIs
- Familiarity with web design and publishing
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research is preferred
What does the role suggest to you?
- Well-paid internship for 3 months with the opportunity to turn to a Full-time position upon successful completion
- Valuable experience in marketing, including participation in meetings with a highly professional team and an opportunity to perform assigned tasks in a real-world setting.
- Experience in working in the Canadian Market, understanding the needs and trends of it
- A chance to present it in your Resume as an outstanding experience
- This an excellent opportunity to expand your professional network.
- And on summary: a tremendous amount of knowledge that’s not taught in college
Why work with us?
We are a small and rapidly growing company. There is a major opportunity to move up quickly and be recognized and rewarded for your hard work. We can offer you a pace of career acceleration that is rare in most workplaces. Our working environment is awesome. You’ll be working with brilliant people who believe in teams, not bosses, in collaboration, not compulsion, and most importantly, in a workplace where everyone is treated with respect.
We have a dog-friendly office in Toronto, surrounded by fabulous restaurants and easily accessible by transit. We also offer opportunities for remote work, flexible working hours, and professional development and travel. Ultimately, we want to work with smart people and driven self-starters who thrive in an environment of creative freedom, ownership, and opportunity for advancement based on their achievements.
If you believe you are a good fit for us, please apply with a copy of your resume, cover letter, and portfolio and send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Schoolio, we pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants that meet the role requirements will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We strive to employ a diverse mix of talented people interested in working together to build a better future.