Schoolio Learning is looking for a Sales Development Representative.
Job Title: Sales Development Representative
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
We are on a mission to modernize education delivery and create a space for students, parents and educators to co-create personalized learning. Our vision is to inspire every child to love learning. We are making education more accessible, fun, and personalized by creating the Schoolio OS – an ecosystem that brings teachers, parents, and children together.
Founded in 2019, Schoolio believes the current educational system is fundamentally flawed. The solution? Rebuild learning experiences from the ground up, with the child being the main focus, powered by innovation and creativity. We are headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with remote teams across the globe. Schoolio is proud to be among the 11 startups selected to participate in Google Cloud’s 2022 Accelerator cohort.
About the role:
We are seeking an experienced Sales Development Representative to join our team at Schoolio. The successful candidate will be responsible for generating new business opportunities through outbound and inbound prospecting, using a variety of methods such as cold calling, email, and social outreach. The candidate will collaborate with other Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives and report on any new market trends that may provide additional insight into sales and marketing. The candidate will also use tools such as Salesforce to track and maintain leads.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Generate new business opportunities from Outbound and Inbound prospecting
- Use a mixture of prospecting methods, including cold calling, email, and social outreach
- Work in collaboration with other Sales Development Representatives and Account Executives
- Report on any new market trends that may provide additional insight to sales and marketing
- Utilize Salesforce and other sales and marketing tools to track and maintain leads
- Understand what Schoolio is offerings and effectively communicate them to prospects
- Achieve and exceed monthly/quarterly quotas and objectives
- Post-secondary education (or equivalent experience)
- Strong work ethic – willing to put in the work
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organization
- Strong phone presence, comfortable with high-volume, outbound cold calling
- Prior experience in curriculum or education sales is a must
Nice to have:
- Experience with CRM (Salesforce) or other relevant sales optimization tools
- Experience working in a dynamic and challenging, growing start-up environment
- Additional languages
Why work with us?
We are a small and rapidly growing company. There is a major opportunity to move up quickly and be recognized and rewarded for your hard work. We can offer you a pace of career acceleration that is rare in most workplaces. Our working environment is awesome. You’ll be working with brilliant people who believe in teams, not bosses, in collaboration, not compulsion, and most importantly, in a workplace where everyone is treated with respect.
We have a dog-friendly office in Toronto, surrounded by fabulous restaurants and easily accessible by transit. We also offer opportunities for remote work, flexible working hours, and professional development and travel. Ultimately, we want to work with smart, driven, and self-starters. People who thrive in an environment of creative freedom, ownership, and opportunity for advancement based on their achievements.
If you believe you are a good fit for us, please apply by sending your CV and portfolio (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Schoolio, we pride ourselves on being an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants that meet the role requirements will receive consideration without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
We strive to employ a diverse mix of talented people interested in working together to build a better future.