Schoolio Social Studies: Canada’s Global Interactions (57 Pages)
This Schoolio unit is designed to be suitable for any student learner currently at a grade 5, grade 6, or grade 7 working level.
Please note: This e-book is digital. To have your books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add on before purchase.
This Social Studies curriculum focuses on the interactions between Canada and other nations. Your student learner will engage in tactile and concrete learning activities, often including research assignments and media add-ons. This unit asks students to use reliable sources to complete an inquiry study regarding freshwater ownership and its impact on Canadians. The curriculum includes critical thinking and reflection skills through thought-provoking discussion questions. Student learners are engaged with full colour pages and interesting and varied activities, improving their understanding of the world around them while developing research, reflection, and fine motor skills.
In this 57-page unit, your student learner will study the following topics:
- Canada’s Interactions with Other Nations
- International Accords: The UN
- The UN’s Sustainable Development Goals
- International Organizations: Right of the Child
- International Organizations: WHO
- NGOs: Doctors Without Borders
- Canada’s International Aid
- Trading Partners
- Peacekeeping & Canada
- Canadian Government Responses: Earthquake in Haiti
- Canadian Government Responses: SARS, H1N1, and Covid-19
- International Tourism
- International Environmental Issues: Kyoto & Paris
- International Environmental Issues: Invasive Species
- International Issues: An Inquiry Study
As is the case with all of our Schoolio curriculum, this unit includes daily lessons, each with exercises or activities to solidify comprehension, plus answer keys.