Schoolio Language Arts: Unit 2 (76 Pages)
This Schoolio unit is designed to be suitable for any student learner ready to begin at a grade 6 working level.
Please note: This Schoolio curriculum is digital. To have your e-books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add-on before purchase.
There are five Schoolio Language units, each designed to be used consecutively or to stand alone. Each unit is intended to take a minimum of 4 weeks.
Each of the five units include:
- 2 writing styles taught over 8 lessons. Students learn and practice each style, ending with a final, edited product of their own creation.
- 4 grammar topics, each consisting of two lessons with practice work included to help solidify concepts.
- 1 reading study broken into 12 parts, where students read and then work through thought-provoking discussion questions. A particular novel is recommended and referenced, but many of the follow-up questions can be used with any novel of your choice.
- 4 writing prompts to help get the creative ideas flowing and encourage students to explore their personal writing style and discover a love of reading and writing.
Each Schoolio Language Arts unit also includes a sample schedule, lessons organised by order on the schedule, and helpful explanations and tips for parents and teachers before you begin.
This program is completely open and go, the only additional item you need is the novel for the recommended reading study if you choose to use it.
This 76-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles
- Descriptive Writing
- Writing Non-Fiction
- Grammar Topics
- Subjects and Objects
- Subject-Verb Agreement
- Pronouns: Subject, Object, Possessive, and Reflexive
- Pronouns: Interrogative, Relative, and Reciprocal
- Reading Study
- Hatchet, By: Gary Paulsen
- Creative Writing Prompts
In the Schoolio Language Arts Program students learn about and practice various styles of writing, dig into reading studies, practice their grammar skills, and engage in fun, creative writing exercises, all integrated together throughout the program.