Schoolio Language Arts: Unit 2 (100 Pages)
This unit is designed to be suitable for any learner ready to begin at a grade 3 working level.
Please note: This product is digital. To have your books printed and shipped to you, please select the ‘Printing and Shipping’ add on before purchase.
There are five Schoolio Language units, each designed to be used consecutively or to stand alone. Each unit is intended to take a minimum of 4 weeks.
Each of the five units include:
- 2 writing styles taught over 8 lessons. Students learn and practice each style, ending with a final, edited product of their own creation.
- 4 grammar topics, each consisting of two lessons with practice work included to help solidify concepts.
- 1 reading study broken into 12 parts, where students read and then work through thought-provoking discussion questions. A particular novel is recommended and referenced.
- 4 writing prompts to help get the creative ideas flowing and encourage students to explore their personal writing style and discover a love of reading and writing.
- 4 lists of spelling words, each with two practice worksheets, and a dictation test to assess the learners retention of the words.
Each Schoolio Language Arts unit also includes a sample schedule, lessons organised by order on the schedule, and helpful explanations and tips for parents and teachers before you begin.
This program is completely open and go, the only additional items you need are the recommended books if you choose to use them.
This 100-page unit includes:
- Writing Styles
- Developing Paragraphs
- Informal Letters
- Grammar Topics
- Prefixes and Suffixes,
- Contractions and Abbreviations
- Reading Study
- Novel Study- Heartwood Hotel: A True Home by Kallie George
- Creative Writing Prompts
- Spelling Words
In the Schoolio Language Arts Program students learn about and practice various styles of writing, dig into reading studies, practice their grammar skills, and engage in fun, creative writing exercises, all integrated together throughout the program.